Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Bónd(z) - Kawai Touko



One of my favorites. It's a oneshot from Kawai Touko included in a volume of the same title. It's about two friends who slept together one night when they got drunk. Neither of them was gay and they both have girlfriends so they decided to 'take it to their graves as something that happened from drunken youthful impetuousness'. However they soon find themselves yearning for the 'pleasure' they had that night which led them to finding the 'limits of desire'.

It's rather graphic so I won't recommend it to underage readers (lol. xD). But yeah.. The main theme is about pleasure/desire but trust me, there's a lot more into it and this manga is really beautiful.

Uhm.. here are some [random] lines I got from it:

Was there a limit to human desire? If there was no such thing as a limit to desire.. Where were we going to end up?

We hadn't realized yet that we were drowning in a closed up world with just the two us.

I understood for the first time that it was love.. when i heard the sound of the door close.

The last one is my fave. Haha. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment