Thursday, November 4, 2010

Ano Kado wo Magatta Tokoro - Kawai Touko



Another favorite of mine from Kawai Touko. It's about two boys who accidentally bumped into each other in an intersection which then lead them to a relationship where they seek refuge with each other while knowing nothing about themselves besides their 'wounds'.

As quoted from the story, here's how one of the main characters defined their relationship:

We aren't friends and we aren't lovers. We aren't sex friends either. (But we do have sex.) Our relationship's hard to describe.

Maybe the plot seem too common with the addition that one of the boys turned out to be a teacher of the other after the first chapter but still.. Idk. There's something special in it that makes it beautiful (at least for me).

The focus of the story was about how the older guy (uke) wanted to end their relationship after knowing that the younger one (seme) lied about his age and that he was in fact still in high school. However, the younger didn't want to do so as he was already in love with his uke. It started to get a bit angsty in that part but it was lovely. I won't get into details anymore (even though i'm itching to lol. xD) since I don't want to spoil everything in case those who read this become interested.

Ano Kado has 5 chapters plus a 10 page extra. It has angst, crack (lots of it), fluff and yeah.. smut. But it isn't that graphic. Well, there are still some parts I guess but unlike Bónd(z) this one focuses more on the lighter side of romance. I think what I like most in this manga are the characters. I like how the uke is bossy (sometimes even scary) but at the same he also seems to be fragile. The seme is sweet and childish yet he still he gives off a cool aura in him.

If you can't love me.. stop being nice to me..

Hey, Kiriya-san.. Hurry up and fall in love with me.. okay?

Here are some cute scenes from the manga. lol. xD







No comments:

Post a Comment