Thursday, November 4, 2010

24 Jikan Kiss Dekinai - Umezawa Hana



The first yaoi manga I read. Guess why? Haha. Well, I wanted to try reading yaoi so I made Manga Fox list all the manga of that genre available on the site and yeah.. since it lists the result in alphabetical order, 24 Jikan was one of those on top and the art it pretty so I tried it and the rest is history. lol. xD But really, when I just started reading yaoi I was so overwhelmed by the love between the characters. Maybe because I started with the lighter ones so I was like 'Woah. How can they be so in love?' or something like that. It was too long ago so I can't really remember anymore.

Back to topic, I've read this manga for at least three or four times already but I still find it interesting. There's nothing really special about it though, to be honest. But the art is extremely pretty. :D The smut is a bit graphic I guess.. There are 3 chapters; the last one is a oneshot with the title 'Even if you are not here'.

The first story (24 Jikan) is about a shy math teacher (uke) in a relationship with one of his students (seme). The teacher is really passionate with his job while the student is some sort of a delinquent. The younger boy is very open about his feelings unlike the uke, though it's easy to see that he likes the seme too. The uke is the usual nice, clueless type while the seme is the typical manly, hot-tempered type.

In terms of the plot, I can say that the oneshot (Even if..) is a lot better than the main story. It's rather long for a oneshot. Actually I think it's almost as long as the main story which covers the first two chapters. It's about a transfer student (seme) who got curious about a guy from his new school (uke) because of the rumors about him. It was said that the boy makes out with anyone who asks him as long as they do it at school. I like the angst near the end when the seme finds out the reason about the 'at school only' thing of the uke.




Even if there is no place to return to, it would be okay as long as we stay together.. from today til forever.



After being lied to, being hurt, and very unwillingly tossed aside, despite all that.. I still like him.


A scene from Even if you are not here.

A scene from 24 Jikan Kiss Dekinai.

2 comments:

  1. hi there^^
    i´m sorry for posting this comment here, but i don´t have a livejournal account, so yeah.
    and i have to say i LOVE your taekey fics >_<
    hope you´ll continue blind soon ^o^

    lou <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.O
    i've just seen this. i'm so sorry for not updating. OTL and for the late reply too. i don't really visit this blog much. sorry. OTL

    you're too nice. <3 now i feel guiltier for not updating for so long. :C i'm really sorry. OTL

    thanks so much! i'm really happy you like them. :D i feel kinda accomplished having met so many taekey shippers now. XD

    thanks again bb! <3
    i'll try to update soon. :D

    ReplyDelete